Saturday, July 16, 2005

Stanton Friedman Responds To Allegations Of Being A Deep Cover Operative; Stan Deyo Weighs In


SPECIAL REPORT FROM RAIDERS NEWS UPDATE

by Thomas Horn

On Wednesday, Phenomena Magazine.Com published a response by Stanton Friedman to allegations contained in their article, "Decoding UFO/Alien Phenomena" accusing Stanton of being a deep cover operative.

"I don't know who the source is," Stanton wrote, "But this is total garbage. Yes, I DID work for the U.S. Government. At Xmas vacation, I worked for the U.S. Post Office in Linden, New Jersey as a College Sophomore at Rutgers University, New Brunswick, New Jersey.

THAT IS IT. Anybody who says different is LYING. Bill Moore and I did meet with Stan Deyo many years ago in Arizona. He was pumping us for information.

"Operation Gold Eagle" was a program in which the Foreign Technology Division of the U.S. Air Force at Wright Patterson AF Base would send out for evaluation translations of technical articles by Eastern European Scientists to American Scientists knowledgeable in the technology area noted in the article. It was not a classified program. I knew about it because I was project engineer on a contract that Aerojet General Nucleonics in San Ramon, California, had with FTD dealing with Soviet Published Articles that might be useful in the development of nuclear reactors for space vehicle applications.

The nefarious Milton William Cooper, along with many other lies in "Behold a Pale Horse," charged that Budd Hopkins, Bruce Maccabee and I were undercover with the CIA,... presumably because we weren't buying his many lies.

Budd does have a degree from Oberlin in Ohio. He isn't a counselor. He is of great assistance to people who may have been abducted. He did work with psychologists, etc.

The claims against us are COMPLETE and total FABRICATIONS. May I repeat: I AM NOT A DISINFORMATION AGENT. I have worked for NO intelligence agencies. READ what I have written.You or anybody else will note that unlike many in the field, I do my research, BACK UP MY CLAIMS WITH FACTS. I guess it is not surprising that the source is anonymous. Charlatans usually lack courage and don't have facts to back up their charges."

CHECKING IN WITH DEYO

Because the article at Phenomena Magazine.Com used as a source an original report by New Dawn Magazine, which included information about a clandestine meeting in 1983 at an all night cafe in Arizona between Stan Deyo, Bill Moore and Stanton Friedman, I asked Stan Deyo to comment on the rehash of this event.

"Tom, I did read the article from New Dawn that you sent me. I remember giving the NEXUS lecture they quoted back in 1992. However, the allegations in it are ones I would have made based on the meeting with Moore and Friedman that morning in 1983 in Arizona.

The meeting was between them and my director for "The Eye of the Storm" and myself at an all night cafe in Yavapai County, Arizona. It was near the Yavapai University where Moore and Friedman had given a lecture that day.

I was trying to see how much they knew about the program I had been recruited into years before (The Teller Group). Moore said to me that they would take us out into the parking lot and would tell us all about the project if we would give them the correct "password". I paused momentarily thinking he was referring to "Blue Falcon"....

I said, "the password is not one but two words and if you guys will tell us the correct passwords I will share with you about the project." Stanton looked at me and said, "Oh, you mean, 'Gold Eagle'".

Playing their game I said the password was incorrect - though at the time I was amazed that he named a high flying bird and a color just like I was thinking but not saying. Be that as it was, the meeting came to a short end after that.

Later, all we could figure was that they were part of a clandestine group within the government since they wanted a password from us and were acting so strangely when I was really trying to help them. Later, we heard that Moore had done work for some alphabet group (Air Force Intel or CIA?) and that it had leaked out causing ripples throughout the UFO research community. Whether there was truth to it or not I do not know. You have heard how Moore (more than Stanton) reacted to my probes at that meeting back in 1983.

I really can't see the value of the issue so many years after the fact.

I just met Stanton in Roswell as he was staying at the same hotel. I couldn't figure out why he was being so aloof and acting as though he didn't recognize me when I spoke to him twice at breakfast.... I guess either he didn't remember me by appearance or that he was irritated by the New Dawn article.

Anyway, as best I can remember, the meeting at that cafe around 1AM was just as I said above.

The last thing the true researchers into the UFO/Alien situation need is more division. Maybe this info will help clarify the topic.

Stan"

Additional links:

Stanton Friedman Official Site
Stan Deyo Official Site
Phenomena Magazine Official Site
Raiders News Update

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you're right on track and not many people are willing to admit that they share your views. grace jack lucky maggie mrs.calloway is an AWESOME place to discuss LOST.

9:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have always felt Friedman and Bruce MacCabee and many other UFO researchers work undercover for the government.

It's a gut feel accumulated over the years. It's my gut feel so I give it a 60% chance of being correct. I am good at spotting deception; it’s a gift.

Common sense - if you once worked for the government and your life was now lecturing against the government and they didn't want you to and the information provided was not scripted you would be stopped. I am sure both Freidman and MacCabee continue to collect their government pensions.

To flush out deception follow the money; it is expensive to live and you need to be financed by something or somebody. If we can ask Romney to show his tax returns then we can ask UFOlogists likewise. The people do not deserve to be deceived. A principle component of UFO research effort has been denial and deception in many forms.


Remember the Kings and Queens at one point in history could no longer spread the lie the earth was flat.

To Friedman, MacCabee and others prove us wrong.



8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home